background

Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Musings: Getting Crafty

I usually see cute do-it-yourself craft projects on Pinterest and think, "I should make that!" I then pin it and save it for a rainy day. Rarely do I get around to actually making any of these adorable things. But this past weekend I decided to give a fairly simple looking idea a shot. It's a great way to store and display your favorite headbands. Mine usually get thrown in a box, and I loved this idea!


The source is Lyssa Beth blog. She has lots of fun DIY ideas!  

So,  here's my result - it was so easy. All you need is a large oatmeal canister, a candle holder, scrapbook paper and glue. My total cost was $3. And I made some delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with the oatmeal :) 


Apply glue to the back side of the scrapbook paper (a sponge paint brush works well) and then wrap around the canister. I used a hot glue gun to attach the candle holder ($0.05 at a rummage sale down the street) to the bottom of the canister. I had this cute vintage french themed scrapbook paper already. This took me all of 10 minutes to do, and voila!





No comments:

Post a Comment