background

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New Keys and a New Address

After endless searching, I found my new home! A little more than three weeks ago I got the keys to my beautiful loft. I've been MIA in the blog world because of the move and my new job! Two months ago I started a new position in fundraising at another theatre in San Diego. So needless to say, life has been hectic! 

I'm finally unpacked (mostly) and am having fun decorating and reorganizing. Moving is always a great excuse to go through all your belongings and downsize. I took a car full of things to Goodwill on Sunday and it felt great to rid myself of some clutter. But if you know me, you know that I'm a pack rat and hang on to things FAR too long. So I still have a ways to go in that department.  My new place has little storage, so I'm having to be creative in hiding my clutter - not just shove it in a closet. Thank goodness for Pinterest which has given me some great ideas.  

Here are a few photos from the listing for the condo:
I love the windows in the living room, high ceilings, beautiful new hardwood floors and spiral staircase. Max and Millie wouldn't go past the second stair for a few days, but they have finally mastered the winding stairs. When the place is a bit more organized, I'll post the "after" pictures. Here's my favorite addition to my new pad - Kate Spade bedding!


Hope everyone is enjoying their summers and staying cool... especially my East Coast friends! Not to brag (okay, maybe a little) but it's a perfect 75 degrees here in San Diego today. Every time I start to miss my beloved Carolinas and Virginia, I remember what the summer weather is like ;) But I do miss sipping sweet tea on the porch in summertime.


xoxo,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment