1. The house I grew up in Fredericksburg, VA since I was two years old (which my parents still live in) is 120 years old. I was convinced growing up it was haunted and used to freak my friends out with ghost stories and Ouija boards when they slept over. But I don't doubt that it actually may be.
The house all lit up for Christmas.
2. I'm seriously scared of spiders.
3. I'm a perfectionist.
4. I want to write historical fiction one day. Stories that are tied to art of the Italian Renaissance and the people depicted in famous paintings.
5. Growing up I was obsessed with collecting things. I had massive collections of Pogs, stickers, Pez dispenzers and Tweety Bird collectables. My Dad and I started a major coin collection together when I was about ten. The coins are the only collection that still exists.
6. I am a pack rat. I save just about every letter, birthday card and memento given to me. I love to go back and read them from time to time. I hardly get rid of anything, except for Pogs and Pez dispensers.
7. I've been to 12 European countries and 28 US States. Mostly in college and on 3 cross-country drives. I studied music in Eastern Europe in the summer of 2004 and backpacked through Germany in 2005.
In a German train station with my Lutheran Campus Ministry group.
9. I don't eat red meat. The last hamburger I had was when I was 8. I mostly eat things that once had wings or came from the ocean.
10. On that note I LOVE sushi. I could eat it every day. But I didn't try it until my 20th birthday.
11. My middle name is Marie after my Grandmother, Stella Marie. I miss her dearly.
12. My Grandmother Irma (my Dad's mother) was the great grand-daughter of William Henry Seward who was Secretary of State under President Lincoln. He purchased Alaska for the US in 1867. His desk stayed in our family and now I have it in my apartment.
Grandma and me sometime in the early 80's. I also miss her dearly.
14. I've caught two bouquets at friends' weddings but am nowhere near walking down an aisle myself. I think that I'll be one of last of my friends to get married. And I'm okay with that.
15. I've never minded going out to eat or seeing a movie by myself. I like my own company sometimes. But it's always more fun with a friend or significant other of course :)
16. It never fails that I will cry at sappy things. Especially during Extreme Home Makeover and Lifetime movies.
17. I usually read 3 or more books at a time. I like the variety.
18. I love to scrapbook, but I rarely finish an entire one.
19. My teen crushes were Jonathan Taylor Thomas (BOP posters covered my walls) and Taylor Hanson. Yes, I admit I was a HUGE Hanson fan. MMMBop was catchy.
20. When I was a child, I wanted to become an archeologist when I grew up. I've always been fascinated with history. When my parents built a patio, I dug in my backyard for fun. Fredericksburg, VA has a Civil War battlefield and soldiers marched through my backyard. I found pottery and even some Civil War bullets. We gave it all to the local historical society.
So, that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for reading!