background

Friday, February 3, 2012

First Friday of February

It's the first Friday of February (that's a lot of alliteration) and I can't believe January is already gone. Is it just me, or the older we get, the faster time goes by? And in San Diego, where the weather doesn't vary much, it feels like one long season. Don't get me wrong, sunny and 72 degrees in the beginning of February - I'll take that over having an actual winter anytime!


Some things I'm looking foward to this month:
  • A friend's 30th Birthday party at the Hard Rock Hotel tomorrow night!
  • The Opening Night for La Jolla Playhouse's last show of the 2011-2012 season, American Night.
  • The Oscars, and the viewing party my friends are hosting at their house on the beach. I won the Oscar poll at their party last year, so hopefully I can predict the winners well this year!
  • Watching the rest of the Academy Award Best Picture nominated films. I've seen 4 1/2 of the 9 nominated films - Moneyball got boring and I turned it off halfway through. Still to see - War Horse, The Tree of Life, Hugo and The Artist.
  • Getting one extra day, it's a leap year!

No comments:

Post a Comment